Botanical name: Brassica oleracea sp.
Health Benefits of Tuscan Kale
Kale is a highly nutritious vegetable that contains high doses of beta carotene, vitamins K, A and C, lutein and zeaxanthin.
It is also high in calcium and packed full of antioxidants - a real superfood.
Tuscan Kale Growing Information
Tuscan Kale is a variety with upright, dark green curled leaves that can be picked as required.
Kale is a cool temperature vegetable that loves a good frost to bring out its colour and flavour.
Plant in a sunny position (or part shade if planting in summer) in loamy, well drained, moist soil of average fertility.
Water regularly to keep leaves crisp and sweet. Mulch around plant to keep leaves clean.
Once plant reaches around 20-25cm high you can start harvesting by cutting off the outer leaves.
Tuscan Kale Recipe
Tuscan Kale Chips
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Toss Kale with oil in large bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange leaves in single layer on 2 large baking sheets.
- Bake until crisp, about 30 minutes for flat leaves and up to 33 minutes for wrinkled leaves.
- Transfer leaves to a rack to cool.
- Then they are ready to eat.